Here is a comprehensive look at the best retirement communities in Central Illinois and what to expect.
1. Snyder VillageLocated in Metamora, Illinois, Snyder Village nursing home was accorded a rating of 4 out of 5 by the CMS in the Department of Health and Human Services in March last year which basically means that the Snyder Village is above average as far as health inspections, home staffing and quality measures are concerned easily making it one of the best retirement communities in Illinois.
The occupancy rate stands at 91% with 96 residents using the facility’s 105 beds. Snyder Village is a non profit organization and is entitled to take part in Medicare and/or Medicaid. Some of the services provided at Snyder Village include:
- Clinical lab services
- House keeping
- Mental health services
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Dental and dietary services
- Therapeutic recreation and x-ray services
2. The Ballard Nursing CenterAlso rated 4 out of 5, this nursing home located in Des Plaines is up there with the best retirement communities in Central Illinois. Currently, the Ballard Nursing Center has a 47% rate of occupancy with 109 residents using the facility’s 231 beds.
This nursing center has an above average registered nurse per resident per day of 109 minutes. This is nowhere in comparison with the average of 54 minutes per resident per day across the State of Illinois. Some of the services offered here include nursing, mental, housekeeping, clinic lab, dental and dietary services. Vocational and X-ray services are also provided.
3. Curtis CreekThis is a holiday retirement community nested in Quincy city. It provides seniors with independent living services which include daily meals prepared by seasoned chefs, round the clock transport, house keeping services and a lot of socialization. The presence of live-in managers ensures added security as well. However it is imperative to mention that nearly all amenities, services and utilities are offered in one convenient and payments are made from one month to the other with limited upfront fees required.
Activities that seniors can engage in at Curtis Creek include gardening, lectures and discussions, spiritual activities in addition to planned social and physical activities among many other activities. Amenities include a fitness center, patio, lounge, internet access and wall to wall carpeting.
Finding a place to retire peacefully after many years of active working life is necessary. A quality and peaceful retirement community can provide a ready answer for senior citizens who are on the quest to relax their minds while getting personal attention from highly trained nurses and other staff members. If you’re seeking for retirement communities in Central Illinois, any of these would make a great choice.